Assistant Outlet Manager
Are you passionate about the retail business?
Are you an excellent listener and communicator with a sharp eye for detail?
Are you up beat, action oriented, hands-on, and an excellent problem solver?
Do you love a challenge and enjoy making decisions?
If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Reporting to an Outlet Manager the Assistant Manager is responsible for the overall operational success of their Outlet by assisting in managing the human, physical, and financial resources of the store.
Financial & Sales:
- Maximize sales and gross profit in Outlet
- Control labour cost percentage as outlined in yearly management goals and budgets
- Ensure all controllable aspects of the P&L are held to a minimum
- Enforce Loss Prevention and Outlet security policies and procedure in store
- Conduct accurate inventory counts and inventory prep
Outlet Presentation and Maintenance:
- Ensure a clean, crisp and organized Outlet
- Create and implement a creative and powerful merchandise plan to maximizes sales and create impact
- Frequently revisit merchandising to obtain maximum sales
- Execute all marketing and event deals
- React to seasonal trends
- Maintain proper signage, ticketing and pricing as outlined in company policy and through corporate communication
- Operate the outlet in a manner that maximizes the amount of freight on the floor and minimizes it in back room
- Ensure online receiving is complete in a timely fashion in accordance with policy
- Process direct shipments and complete PO receiving
- Participate in local buying initiative including promoting, sourcing, handling and pack-ups when necessary
- Schedule Outlet associates and management in accordance with all employment standard legislation and company policy in order to ensure proper and adequate staff coverage
- Ensure payroll is complete in a timely and accurate manor
- Maintain cash handling standards following Outlet balancing procedures, enforces adherence to cash handling policies, investigates, reports and documents all variances in cash and product
Maintain employee files:
- Maintain receiving files as per company policy
- Ensure courier pack is complete and sent as required
- Recruit and develop Outlet Team ensuring proper levels of skilled staff
- Practice and support Human Resources corporate policies
- Ensure staff are properly trained in all aspects of their role
- Provide ongoing performance feedback and coaching to all staff
- Deal effectively with all staff performance issues including performance reviews
- Ensure all associate reviews are completed in a timely and responsible manner
- Handle any required disciplinary action in accordance with company policy
- Develop and maintain "Bench Strength" through the active execution of succession planning
- Lead, inspire and motivate the team for maximum productivity
- Ensure employees comply with all policies and procedures
- Foster a healthy team environment through open and honest communication
- Participate in conference calls and other meetings in a professional and positive manner
- Relay issues and problems that cannot be handled at store level to appropriate regional or corporate individual(s)
- Regular inspection of corporate communication (bulletin/emails/mail etc) ensuring that appropriate action is taken at store level
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all workers comply with the Act and regulations along with Corporate Health and Safety Policies
- Report all workplace incidents within 48 Hours
- Keep abreast of Health and Safety legislation especially regarding management responsibilities
- Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of workers and customers
- Use appropriate discipline if a worker is not complying with Health and Safety Policies
- Attempt to make every customer experience an exceptional one
- Take lead in customer service always acting in a courteous, respectful and helpful manner when dealing with customers
- Ensure all customer complaints are handled in a professional manner personally handling any escalated issues
- 2-3 years of retail management/supervisory experience
- Strong HR and people management skills
- Innovative thinking
- Visual Merchandising skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organization skills
In return for your commitment, LW Stores Inc. offers an attractive remuneration package and benefits. If you have the experience and aptitude we have outlined, please submit your full career details, cover letter and salary expectations in confidence to:
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to:
or fax to
Fax: (866) 807-9666
No phone calls please.
Liquidation World Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer where our people are as diverse as our product! We do not discriminate in making employment decisions based upon race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation or any prohibited grounds.